Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Ode Less Travelled by Stephen Fry

I bought this the other day & have been slowly working my way through it. Its a bit like an OU work book, but with jokes. I was already a fan of Stephen Fry's but now I think I will be worshipping at his feet & erecting a statue in hs honour. I have already managed to write two or three couplets that may develop into something useable for A215 and I have only got to about page 40. I keep the scribblings from the exercises in my notebook, so the whole thing dovetails nicely with a bit of daily writing. Well worth the effort & the doing it properly. Cannot recommend this highly enough.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you said that. I'm forcing myself to tackle a few poetry books and all I'm achieving is a whole load of washing! I open a book and remember to go and put the washing machine on - it's magic! If you say The Ode is worth persevering at, then I will. :)

    ReplyDelete